Wednesday, November 01, 2006

why blog?

This is Jane 2 again. I'm not sure how committed Jane 1 is to this blogging ordeal.

But nonetheless, I feel the need to write something.

I'm wondering, though, why I feel like I have to sound smart as I write this stupid blog. Nobody has even read my blog yet. Hardly anybody knows about it and I'm not sure who would read it if they knew.

Which makes me wonder, in general, why do people blog? And, when did 'blog' become a verb? When did it become a noun for that matter?

1 comment:

Goes On Runs said...

there is actually a "blog" mentioned in dr. seuss's book "the shape i am in" (i think i have the title wrong). it in fact is a noun and refers to some strange creature - having nothing to do with cyberland. as to why people blog - who the hell knows...most likely to feel connected to people as we all long for community & singificane. so, there ya go - someone read your blog & actually commented on it!!!