Friday, December 07, 2007

good 'ol Alice

I don't remember ever reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland as a kid. Before starting to read it this week, I didn't remember much about the story from seeing the movie, either. I was bored one day in my classroom, so I grabbed it off the shelf. It looked short enough to hold my interest for about the amount of time I thought I had to offer a book.

Anybody read this book lately?

My favorite character, I think, is the Queen of Hearts who is obsessed with decapitating people. I don't know why she's my favorite, but I find her the most endearing. Or perhaps it's that I love how everyone has become used to her yelling "Off with their heads!" that it's comical, instead of scary.

1 comment:

Ande Truman said...

Someone who likes to decapitate people is endearing to you? I wonder what you think of ME... :)

I haven't read the book, and in fact I don't think I've actually ever made it all the way through the movie..what a shame. All's I remember is Alice trying to get through this tiny little door but couldn't fit so she took a pill and shrunk? Whatever...

So did you finish the book?