Monday, April 23, 2007

On Being Sunburned.

Do people think that a person who is sunburned is completely oblivious to reality? Yes, I should have worn a little more sunblock. No, I didn't really think about the fact that I was probably getting a little too much sun. No, my skin is not blistering nor do I really look like a lobster. But, yes, I do realize that I am not my 'normal' color.

And yet, I find it highly annoying when people point these things out to me as if I didn't already know them. I mean, does the fact that I have a little sunburn make me a complete moron who, because of overexposure to the sun, cannot really grasp the current state of her skin?

If I had time, I'd show you a picture of my mild sunburn. But, alas, I must go prepare for tomorrow's day of teaching where students will most certainly ask me again, "Ms. Prahl, what happened to your skin?" (have they never seen a sunburn? or, do they not realize that I'm a human?)

1 comment:

Katie Jeffers said...

You are too cute. I love your overflow. Muah!