Tuesday, June 12, 2007

une visite de mon amie

I love visitors because I am forced to get into 'tourist' mode, instead of relaxed (or tired) Brooklyn mode. My friend Sarah, an old roommate from college, visited last weekend. We took a tour of the Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side. We walked the Brooklyn Bridge and got ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. We ate pizza at Lombardi's in SoHo. We saw A Moon for the Misbegotten, the play that just closed and starred Kevin Spacey. It was really good. We also saw the musical, The Drowsy Chaperone, which was incredibly hilarious! What else...we hung out in Prospect Park. We ate out a lot (and exhausted my 'eating out' budget for the month!) and spent our hard-earned money at every Starbucks we saw (they have air conditioning and bathrooms). It was a wonderful visit. Who's next???

2 comments:

Goes On Runs said...

how about being a tourist in the hudson river valley next weekend?!

Anonymous said...

i love that you have a blog! and I look forward to the day I can force you to be a tourist. love you much!
J