Friday, July 06, 2007

girl put your records on...


There is just something (a certain "je ne sais quoi") about the crackle of a record that makes me adore it. Yesterday, I uncovered a few record sets that I inherited from my grandparents. From one of them, I played Edith Piaf's "La Vie en Rose" to spark interest in the new movie that is showing (at select theaters near you) which reveals the tragic life of Piaf. Apparently, her life story is similar to that of Judy Garland's, both finally succumbing to addiction and despair. I'm going to see the movie tonight at BAM. It's en francais with subtitles (I hope).
On another note, I scheduled my first one-on-one spanish lesson for next Wednesday. I am really excited to apprener espanol. I probably said that wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me (please?) but I'm only trying to relay my anticipation to you. I love languages and this one will certainly be practical - in my classroom and around the city! I fear that I'll lose my French or Sign Language, or that they'll just become a jumbled-up mess in my brain, so we'll see how it all goes I guess. I'll keep you posted (if you can comprende)!!!

No comments: