Friday, November 23, 2007

Camping in Taconic State Park (a while ago)

When I was in Yellowstone over the summer, I met an employee at the Old Faithful Lodge. When I mentioned I was from New York, he said, "Oh, you have one of the most beautiful states in the Union!" Needless to say, this man was much older than me. I haven't ever heard someone call the U.S. the "union." Nonetheless, I think he was right.





I chaperoned a three-day trip upstate to Taconic State Park with my 6th graders in mid-October. The weather was a little damp and chilly, but not too unbearable. The scenery made up for it by far. I had about 30 minutes to myself over the three days, but those 30 minutes were filled with wide-eyed enjoyment of the colorful scenery and the peaceful woods.

2 comments:

marebear said...

i didn't realize this state could be so beautiful! missed you; glad to see you are back.

Goes On Runs said...

i seriously checked it last night.... wow! you were busy.