Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home in Brooklyn!

I'm back safely and taking a little time to think about my time in Tanzania in order to report back to everyone! Stay tuned...and until then, here are a couple pictures!

Kaleja and Tito enjoying cake and soda at our house; they often came over for treats!

A female lion. They are so much like cats I've known in that they don't seem to care about you, unless you bother them. These ones have much bigger teeth, too!

Students had to gather for uniform inspection sometimes at the end of the school day. They call this time 'Parade.'


During a 'study' time one night, I found these class 5 kids trying to draw trousers (pants) on the chalkboard. They weren't doing so well, so I helped. My trousers turned into a cartoon version of another student who was in the room. Everyone else then began drawing each other on the board. It was fun.


A group of kids fighting for the limelight. Turn a camera on them and it's magical how many appear in just a few seconds.

2 comments:

Ande Truman said...

Thanks for posting! They're so great...

Unknown said...

Greetings Carolyn,
I hope this post finds you well

I was looking for information for "The Lion of Judah Academy" and I came across your blog

Your posts on your trip to Tanzania were quite interesting

I am interested in learning more about The Lion of Judah Academy and life in Tanzania.
I realize you are just beginning your school year and likely very busy, but, if you would be so kind
to provide a little more background on the ministry and life there, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much and have a great day!!!
God's blessing
Geoff

Here is a link to give you a little background on myself

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=godinjazz